The End Hunger Cafe Management Program runs four sessions a year with a maximum class size of six students. The 6-week sessions are held in The Lobby Coffee Bar at Chesapeake Church with training in the classroom and commercial kitchen, accompanied by an internship at The Lobby Coffee Bar. Classes are held during the day, four days a week and attendance is mandatory.
Next Session Information
2017 Session Dates:
Session 5: August 14 – October 6
Session 6: October 23 – December 11
Applications: Complete and Submit Application
- Submit an online application
- Interview with our Admissions Team
- Management and Leadership Training: Study the latest research on the best practices for leading a team of effective employees.
- Barista Training: Craft and serve coffee, espresso and other beverages using state of the art equipment.
- Baking 101: Create a variety of specialty baked goods from one of Calvert County’s top bakers.
- Short Order Basics: Prepare and serve gourmet wood fired pizza as well as other exciting menu items.
- ServSafe: Learn what it takes to prepare and serve food safely. After studying the ServSafe material, all students will test for ServSafe Food Handler Certification.
Students will have the opportunity to choose their own internship times. Each student will be required to divide their internship time into five 2-hour blocks (2 hours in the kitchen, 2 hours at the coffee bar, 2 hours in the bakery, and then two 2-hour sessions of student choice depending on availability). Students may choose which area that they would like to spend their final two sessions of internship.
10 Internship Hours:
- 2 Hours – Baking
- 2 Hours – Short Order/Kitchen
- 2 Hours – Coffee Bar
- 4 Hours – Student Choice
Internship times are available beginning the second week of classes. Students will be given a sign-up sheet at the beginning of the week of classes so that they can choose times that are convenient for them.
Monday – Thursday:
- 2PM – 4PM
- 8:30AM – 10:30AM
- 10:30AM – 12:30PM
- 12:30PM – 2:30PM
- 2:30PM – 4:30PM
- 4:30PM – 6:30PM