The End Hunger Culinary Training Program runs four sessions a year with a maximum class size of six students. The 6-week sessions are held in The Lobby Coffee Bar at Chesapeake Church with training in the classroom and commercial kitchen, accompanied by an internship at The Lobby Coffee Bar. Classes are held during the day, four days a week and attendance is mandatory.
Next Session Information
2019 Session Dates:
Summer Session: July 9 – August 16
Fall Session: September 24 – November 1
Winter Session: November 12 – December 13
Our Summer Session + Winter Session is exclusively for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Applications: Complete and Submit Application
- Submit an online application
- Interview with our Admissions Team
- Management and Leadership Training: Study the latest research on the best practices for leading a team of effective employees.
- Basic Knife Skills: Learn how to safely and effectively utilize a variety of knives commonly used in a commercial kitchen.
- Baking 101: Create a variety of specialty baked goods from one of Calvert County’s top bakers.
- Short Order Basics: Prepare and serve a variety of dishes, ranging from Asian cuisine to American favorites.
- ServSafe: Learn what it takes to prepare and serve food safely. After studying the ServSafe material, all students will test for ServSafe Manager or Food Handler Certification.
Students will be required to complete internship hours in order to graduate. During these hours, students will work alongside baristas and/or kitchen staff to demonstrate and improve upon the skills they acquired during class.