The End Hunger Culinary Training Program runs four sessions a year with a maximum class size of six students. The 8-week sessions are held in The Lobby Coffee Bar at Chesapeake Church with training in the classroom and commercial kitchen, accompanied by an internship at The Lobby Coffee Bar. Classes are held during the day, four days a week and attendance is mandatory.
Next Session Information
2018 Session Dates:
Fall Session: August 27 – October 19
Winter Session: October 29 – December 21
Applications: Complete and Submit Application
- Submit an online application
- Interview with our Admissions Team
- Management and Leadership Training: Study the latest research on the best practices for leading a team of effective employees.
- Barista Training: Craft and serve coffee, espresso and other beverages using state of the art equipment.
- Baking 101: Create a variety of specialty baked goods from one of Calvert County’s top bakers.
- Short Order Basics: Prepare and serve gourmet wood fired pizza as well as other exciting menu items.
- ServSafe: Learn what it takes to prepare and serve food safely. After studying the ServSafe material, all students will test for ServSafe Food Handler Certification.
Students will be required to complete internship hours in order to graduate. During these hours, students will work alongside baristas and/or kitchen staff to demonstrate and improve upon the skills they acquired during class.