Together We Are
The New End Hunger Warehouse will allow End Hunger to continue to serve as a Regional Distribution Center for The Maryland Food Bank, ensuring that a consistent food supply remains in our county.
It will also serve as an asset to our community by providing shelter, resources, and other needs in the event of a natural disaster or other unforeseen incident.
The End Hunger Warehouse project stands as a testimony that our values of compassion, service, and community will be passed onto future generations.
Projected To Be Completed: October 2022
Feeding the hungry is what we do and the main floor is our distribution space! Building own our warehouse gives us the capability to customize design this area to better serve our Partner Feeding Organizations and increase our efficiencies.
- Facilitate food distribution of over 2 million pounds a year into Southern Maryland
- Be a Regional Distribution Center for The Maryland Food Bank
- Customize designed vertical space greatly improves our ability to supply food pantries
Our Culinary Training Program is the heart of End Hunger In Calvert County. In this program we teach individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities kitchen skills and help them find purpose. The new commercial training kitchens will be designed to meet the unique needs of these individuals.
- State-of-the-art culinary kitchen and classrooms
- On-going Culinary Training classes & expanded sessions for adults with intellectual developmental disabilities
- Healthy cooking classes for food pantry clients
When a person is in a hard financial place, they are often receiving support from multiple organizations. But often those organizations are not often working together! The collaborative is a space where these organizations can work together to create a full-circle approach to help people improve their lives.
- Open meeting space concept
- Collaborative work area for nonprofits dedicated to breaking the poverty cycle
- Assist new nonprofits to launch efficiently
No one should have to choose between feeding their kids and paying their electric bill. With your help, they won’t.
End Hunger is the only charity in Calvert County to be accredited by the Better Business Bureau, meeting all 20 standards for Charity Accountability. When you offer your time and money through End Hunger, you’ll see tangible results in your own community.
When you give to End Hunger,
your impact is undeniable.
2 million pounds
of food and product
throughout the Pandemic
Serve more than
in Southern Maryland
Provide culinary training to
with intellectual and developmental disabilities
of hands-on training